1. Eligibility: The Paletteful Grey Contest is open globally to anyone with an Instagram account in good standing. Void where prohibited. Employees and contractors of Paletteful LLC and members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Paletteful LLC's decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00 PM Pacific Time (“PST”) on Tuesday November 11th, 2019 and ends at 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday November 26th, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). Paletteful LLC's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: Create a painting using only M. Graham Artists' Oil Color in shades of black, white, and grey. Post a photo of your painting on Instagram using the #palettefulgreycontest and @paletteful in your caption. You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be a unique photo. Entries must be posted or reposted from a public account during the entry period. You cannot simply “tag” an older photo. Those posted from private accounts and/or posted outside of the entry period will not be considered eligible. Please see the Submission Requirements for the photos below for additional details. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. Your photo must be published to your own Instagram account during the duration of the campaign.
5. Submission Requirements: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE POST (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PHOTO) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PHOTO. THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES AND/OR THE INSTAGRAM RULES.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant hereby warrants and represents that any Post he/she submits:
A. is original to him/her;
B. does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
C. the account will need to be made public to see the specific hashtag;
D. will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; and
E. is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Paletteful LLC; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Paletteful LLC); conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other comment that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Paletteful LLC in its sole and absolute discretion.
Paletteful LLC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any reason to screen any Post(s). Any Post that Paletteful LLC deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules is subject to disqualification. Paletteful LLC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time and for any reason, to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Post in order to ensure that the Post complies with these Rules, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then Palettefull LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Post (and therefore the corresponding Entry and/or the associated entrant).
6. Paletteful LLC's Rights to Photos: By participating, you: (a) irrevocably grant Paletteful LLC the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to publish, post, and display, your photo as-is or as-edited (with your name included to indicate photography credit) on its social media feeds without approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude Paletteful LLC's use of your photo as outlined above, or require any further permission for Paletteful LLC to use the photo; (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Paletteful LLC or its marketing partners on the grounds that any use of the photo, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the photo, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights; and (d) agree that you have received express permission from any subjects featured in photos used as challenge entries and that you are solely responsible for all claims arising from the use of these subjects.
7. Selection of Winner: A panel of judges selected by Paletteful LLC in its sole discretion will review all eligible entries submitted through Instagram during the entire challenge period, and select one (1) potential winner. The decision of the judges is final.
8. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Paletteful LLC will reach out directly to potential winner via direct message on Instagram within one day of choosing a winning entrant. Paletteful LLC will then follow up with potential winner via email with instructions on how to claim the prize. Upon response from winner, Paletteful Packs will announce potential winner via posts on the @paletteful Instagram account. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the initial Instagram direct message within three (3) days, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted.
9. Prize: One (1) prize winner will receive a MABEF M-22 French Easel and a selection of oil painting materials.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Paletteful LLC may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Challenge to address the impairment and then resume the Challenge in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; The Challenge is subject to United States federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.